PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva and China Airline
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2010, 14:20
Hamtarro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cal terms

Cal is looking for type rated experienced pilots. They are and have hired some more rocket scientist from the coutryside of Taiwan and at this very moment they are pointing out the difference between a scooter and an airplane. The expats they are looking for need a type rating with experience as I heard. Yes I know this is always a joke. Someone in the freakin Congo says you must be type rated to even think about joining our village and have the pleasure of working here. Anyways the cash will likely not be 3500usd a month that would be stretch even for Cal. No doubt there will be a bond as they realize without the leg shackle this symbiotic relationship generally ends very soon. Cash wise 6k-7k a month for an Rp is not unheard of with the present OT we have been doing. And yes ELO pilots do get tax returns and there required days in country. An ELO base may or may not be available. In my opinion if these guys decided to pay in the future this would be a reasonable job. Kal is an Fo option but does not upgrade. Commuting is easy, and the new CP is a good dude. Upgrading does happen, but you have to survive and it is rare. Personally I enjoy 98.9 percent of my flights here. Iam however a dork at the best of times. Anyways yes they are recruiting and have discussed increasing the pay to attract candidates. Believe it when I see it myself.......just my opinion.