PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice Pls: Syndicate Woes
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2010, 11:46
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had two low houred pilots join our group a couple of years ago, and have had no issues to date. However we were very selective about them and they flew with the "chief" pilot of the group several times for assessment. As it was they are both good pilots, I often fly with them. There was an insurance stipulation of 10 hrs dual with a group member or FI, and for one of them who was just post PPL with about 50 hrs TT an insurance loading of about £400 which he had to pay. The second year, due to his involvment in the group and the amount he contributed, we covered the excess as a group as he is an asset to the group.

But saying that I had the misfortune to see an aeroplane lose it's nosewheel a couple of weeks ago. The chap came it too high and then dropped like a stone onto the runway. The nosewheel came flying off and the prop struck. Could happen to anyone I suppose but chatting to the engineers who are carrying out the repair (in excess of £20,000 so far), the engine has done just 30 hrs since the same pilot did the same thing.....I guess their aeroplane will be out of service for another 3+ months.