PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsored A320 Type Rating & Line Training - J Curd
Old 30th Mar 2010, 10:56
favete linguis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PTF or pay to work anywhere is just WRONG & IMMORAL.

The problem with the scheme offered by jon curd is the way he promote[d] it. Initially there was:
Once you have been trained by easyJet, you will be a high quality commodity and we have several airlines waiting to sign you up as a direct entry First Officer with full salary and benefits.
Followed a little later by:
If easyJet do not take you on,
ATP have other partnership airlines
that will place you with a job!
Either way, its a
"Win - Win"
situation!
Naturally there was a 'selection' process and I imagine those that went through the scheme felt they were working towards a job, after all that is what was offered.

In my opinion, this is not that far removed from what some airlines offer, except they pay from day 1. You are bonded, fail, then no job.

What is wrong is the wording of the advert. Now, apparently, the advertising reads along the lines that there are conditional contracts available for those that are at the highest level. Still, people will apply on the basis of this premise, as no doubt they will be reassured that they are of the highest level. I think this is alluded to by Wannabee24 earlier.

Those that completed the scheme in the understanding that successful completion meant employment can be forgiven for expecting to be in paid employment, on full salary and benefits, and that doesn't mean a 6 month contract. If not, then that alone should be enough to stop anyone applying to this rogue. A top TRE, great bloke, buddy, whatever you want to call him, but wasn't Bernard Madoff also held in such high regard?

So, unfortunately, there are people out there, who, for their own reasons, have completed on the understanding they were working towards a job and now find themselves unemployed, despite the promises. There are also those on the new scheme where they are fully aware there is no job on completion and maybe it is this group that should be the more embarrassed as they are now paying to fly with no tangible reward on completion.