PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsored A320 Type Rating & Line Training - J Curd
Old 30th Mar 2010, 10:23
Global Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although it sounds immoral to be paying for your own training and giving the airlines a bargain basement of pilots's, at the end of the day you have to look after number one and make yourself attractive to prospective employer's
First off, buying a Type Rating and then going for an interview as a typed Pilot is slightly different to a P2F scheme. I understand the former and i deplore the later.

However, you are NOT looking after No.1 as when you finish the P2F scheme, you are back on the dole, ie back to where you started, but now you have a £40,000 yoke around your neck also.

The people giving a negative response to this post have probably never paid for an hours flight training in their lives, who therefore think a job is their god given right and certainly don't want any, what they consider unfair competition from a self sponsored pilot already thousands of pounds in debt.
Its precisely because people (like me) have paid for their own flight training, (for the purposes of obtaining a Licence) via the self improver route, for example, that we now feel aggrieved that some snot nosed little wannabe with a bank loan, feels its acceptable to try and leap frog us, and the system for everyone. There are plenty of Type Rated Pilots that are unemployed and a fair number because of the P2F scheme. And what happens after your P2F scheme runs out......... you are unemployed again because some other snot nosed wannabe with £40,000 to burn has just replaced you!!!!!

Im currently a Chief Pilot so you are definitely NOT affecting my T's & C's but if you ever pitch up for an interview with me and i find out you have been on one of these schemes........ you will politely, but firmly be asked to go home.

GW