PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsored A320 Type Rating & Line Training - J Curd
Old 30th Mar 2010, 09:56
Dreamshiner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camel:
Meanwhile in the good 'ol Usa ...trying to push for a MINIMUM of 1500 hours and full ATP for First Officers....main reason 'safety' .

If this goes through then perhaps our friends in JAA la land might think about it too,and kill of this pay to fly rubbish for ever.
While this has a certain degree of merit I fear it wouldn't happen in Europe due to the JAA being very much behind the MPL, the lack of GA provision and need compared to the US therefore reduced opportunities and finally the fact that in Europe we have a greater population density with half decent public transport linking these cities. Also the cost of aviation is much less in the US and the weather is generally better so its more feasible there to implement such a ruling.

I think its been proven that if someone with the right character is in the RHS whatever their hours total that they can be moulded into a very accomplished and capable pilot. BA Hamble guys did it and a multitude of other pilots have followed by attaining a jet job with 250 hours TT.

one post only:
It is easy to critisise these schemes when you have a well paid full time job. It is also very easy to undermine the job security of full time current pilots when you are desperate for a job!!
100% correct as is a lot of what fcom says too, we live in a time were striking a balance between these two points of views is drifting because the stance and feelings they evoke are becoming more and more polarised.

NSF:
Unless you are an easyJet Training Captain, which I suspect you are not, then you are simply not qualified to make the assertions you do
Come on Norman, play the game. You felt compelled to post in the BMi Baby thread when current pilots there felt the union is lacking despite not being an employee or directly affected but criticise 747JJ because he isn't directly involved in this sorry affair via Easy.

Last edited by Dreamshiner; 30th Mar 2010 at 10:16.