PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 30th Mar 2010, 09:32
nurjio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the 'fables' of Galley FM is that the BASSA chair allegedly called Mr Walsh a C**t to his face. Crew who believe this, and there are many, regard this kind of alleged behaviour as sign of the 'toughness' of their leader. For me it illustrates the banality and amateurish 'nous' of a council charged with an important role.

The notion that this dispute is now about the protection of CC T&C's is laughable, particularly in this economic environment. The BASSA chair has pressed her own 'nuclear' button in pursuit of what she regards as her Holy Grail - the removal of Mr Walsh. The UNITE leadership, I am sure, are seething with BASSA intransigence. The rest of the BA workforce certainly is. Never before have I seen a group of mis-guided 'strikers' so marginalised, as the day-to-day operation continues to ramp up towards a level of capability where 'no-shows' will have no effect.

The BA plan is working, not without hitches, but it is rolling forward. The City know it, the Shareholders know it, the BA Backers know it. Sadly, the 'believers' are yet to 'smell the coffee'.

nurj