PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia - FLIGHT TRAINING OPTIONS
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2010, 09:02
AVIATOR1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No really I am not AWA management, I finished my course 12 months ago and it took me 17 months from zero to MECIR. A small delay due to some bad weather. IF what has been said is true I suggest students check their contracts. Mine stated that should I still be there 6 months longer than I was supposed to be I would be charged an additional $500.00 per 6 month period of enrollment and that such fees would be charged on the first day of that 6 month period. And that they reserved the right to pass on fee increases where fuel increases above $1.45 and Air Services increase more than 5%.

Course fees cover an amount of flying hours slightly higher than the minimum required for licence + rating issue, although I had to say it was very hard to get through with out going over due mainly to airspace and traffic (Busy class C airspace). In all I was charged around $2000 for over runs which consisted of mainly 6 hours pre GFPT, this period is where it was hardest to keep to the designated hours once into PPL and CPL it was no problem at all.

Flying costs money, if it takes you 90 hours(no names) or 70 hours (no names) to GFPT instead of 30 don't be surprised when you get a large bill for overuns.

Like I said check your contract If they are trying to break that contract then you have a case, if not my opinion is fair enough if you have been there for 2, 3 or more years as I am fully aware (through a friend who happens to be there now) some students (who in his opinion should not be allowed anywhere near an aircraft) have been. Maybe they should have had higher standards for entry on to the course as this is where I beleive the problem lies, there are people who not through a lack of trying just are not up to the course and to be fair they were told fairly early on (again from what I have been told) that the school thought they would struggle but they chose to blindly carry on anyway (racking up huge bills in the process).

I will not be commenting any further I do not wish to get involved with an argument which has nothing to do with me, I just wanted people to know that personally my experience was very good, but perhaps things have changed I really not know.