PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsored A320 Type Rating & Line Training - J Curd
Old 30th Mar 2010, 08:28
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes the people giving a negative response do so because they realise it threatens their own T&C's and the T&C's of the pilots just entering flight training.

It is easy to critisise these schemes when you have a well paid full time job. It is also very easy to undermine the job security of full time current pilots when you are desperate for a job!!

Paying for a type rating shows determination and commitment. Also in my opinion it also shows you will work for less than current pilots. I would therefore quite like to employ you as when in the future I tell you to pay for your own food, bring in your own drinks etc you will do so because of your determination and commitment.

You feel that the whinging minority have no right to critisise for you going via pay2fly. Well sorry but the whinging minority have mortgages, families, lives that need funding. What right has anybody got to attack that just because they want a job and will pay for it. P2F threatens their jobs, their livelhoods and therefore their childrens security.

Don't be surprised if some people look after number one themselves (as you said to do!!!!) and therefore "whinge" at you for paying to fly!!! I wish everyone would whinge more and get together to get something done about stopping these schemes. EVERYONE would benefit then.

All I am trying to say is that people have the right to moan about these schemes and air their views. You have to accept that.

Last edited by one post only!; 30th Mar 2010 at 08:48.