PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Digital Photography Thread
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2010, 08:16
Tosh McCaber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digital Camera Replacement

I have had a Kodak V570 compact camera now for over three years. Liked it so much, I bought a second one for my wife. For my purposes, one of the best cameras around at the time. Very small and pocketable, superb 23mm ultra wide angle lens- great all round performance- I use it as much, if not more than my camcorder for movie clips-fantastic low light movie performance. I could go on about the good points.

The downsides. Over the past 18 months, the main rear joystick control on my camera has loosened to a stage where it is almost inoperable. The second longer distance lens on my wife’s camera has just stopped working. Presumably, Kodak must be aware of these faults, because, shortly after I purchased them, they told me that they no longer offer a repair service on the camera- only a part replacement for a different model Kodak reconditioned camera, which does not come anywhere close to the specs on my V570.

So, after my preamble- I’m now looking for a good reliable replacement for the camera, with similar specs- ie wide angle lens, good still and video performance, reasonably priced, and compact.

Are there any suggestions out there?