PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VI
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2010, 00:46
lola81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi guys. AD trinidad

i got there early just after 8:00 in my orange suit. haha.

there were about 53 of us for today an another group set for tomorrow. we were in two groups and in each group was asked to speak to the person to our left ( some got those instructions wrong and took the information of the person to their Right). we were asked to find out something about them and if they were invisible for one day what would they do?

while we did that we were also taking part in the height test.it seemed to be higher this year!

then it was time to stand one by one and speak to your group. most did well but some seemingly thought this was an invitation to practice their whispering or find a way to talk about themselves.

i referred to the person to my left as "my new friend". also when i spoke i did so to as many smiling faces as i could ( not to the recruiters) with a big smile.

we then had another group discussion. this one they did not observe they simply came back from deliberating the last test to get the end result. one person from each of the two groups had to sum up the task - we had to plan a day for our recruiters here in Trinidad from morning to night.

unfortunately the two persons whom stood up for their group were sent home ! but they were not alone they left with about a quarter of the room.

i made it through to the next stage! next we had the group scenario test. this was the assessment that i most dreaded and with good reason!!!!

i tried my best to watch everyone that spoke while smiling and occupationally nodding. i put forward two main suggestions to our discussion - if we were the last people on the earth what mammal, bird, plant and an invention would we save. the girl whom was shooting down my answers did it in a not so nice way 'what does that have to do with the survival of the human race' .

i just smiled and when someone made another suggestion i said that's a good idea too. they sent us out of the room while the other smaller groups took their turn. i still had hope at this point because at least i said something and i was kind.

they then called us back in and gave us our letter. well that was it guys i got the congratulations! i couldn't believe it. i looked around and i was just in time to catch the girl that shot down all my ideas walking out. my advise is never openly put down anybodies ideas even if you disagree you can express it in a friendly and better way. and if you get criticized take it with the best possible attitude. don't get too caught up with your idea getting dismissed. that's not important. its the way you work with others.

mari- thanks for the advise, but the orange wasn't that bright or anything and my skin is dark so you are right it did look good with it.

i have my FI on Wednesday. i am so excited. I'll keep you guys updated. good luck to all of you. Day three here i come.

Last edited by lola81; 13th Apr 2010 at 03:11.