PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 30th Mar 2010, 00:11
olly_034

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Achievements so far...

I think congratulations are in order. I would like to congratulate BASSAs leadership on the momentous achievements they've selflessly and expertly made on behalf of their members. Cheers to you Len!

I thought I'd also briefly summarise what I see those achievements to be - so that we can all gawk at how well they've done for their members.

Lets see:

1 - Permanent loss of staff travel, so that at least a quarter of them can't get to work
2 - Ensured the need for compulsory redundancies in cabin crew - solely necessary as a result of BASSAs actions
3 - Ensured the reduction to terms and conditions for crew - solely necessary as a result of BASSAs actions
4 - Received progressively, and predictably worse offers from BA - solely necessary as a result of BASSAs actions
5 - Vilified their members in the eyes of public
6 - Gloriously, transparently and unashamedly lied on national television
7 - Completely isolated strikers from the rest of the airline as a whole
8 - Put itself into a position where its power for negotiation is diminishing on a daily basis
9 - Managed to get themselves and the strikers condemned by their own Prime Minister - talk about having some sway!
10 - Brought the airline to a position where in a few months from now, and 5000 volunteers later, BA will be able to run a virtually full schedule, 747s and hot meals included, while their remaining members are standing on a picket line at Hatton Cross not being paid, and waiting for a dreamlike settlement that will never materialise.

So in summary, I think we should all congratulate BASSA's leadership on their excellent and selfless handling of this situation. Your members thank you.