PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Computer logs and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2002, 16:57
SASless

Received 559 Likes on 228 Posts
Now what a pleasant change....when I took my US Army computerized flight records in the CAA....they promptly took a position that none of the time contained in the records was usable for their purposes of determining my qualification for the grant of an ATPL. They summarily discarded over 2200 hours of flying time by that decision. Their decision was predicated upon the fact that the records were not a bound log book and in my own handwriting.

After pitching an "Ugly American" performance....and subsequently demonstrating humble humility to the supervisor that came to see what the one man RIOT was about....they finally accepted them with a severe dressing down about proper deportment whilst engaged in discourse with "civil" servants.

The American system is a bit more relaxed.....our FAA regs say a record....and any sort of a somewhat organized compilation of data that can answer the questions of the details of the flight being recorded will suffice.

But then too....we don't have to pay the FAA to "renew" that fancy white booklet either....wonder how they get by without that 440 Pound or whatever it costs nowadays?