PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Mar 2010, 23:31
Express1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bacabincrew

We have all had it good in BA, no matter what department we are from. The difference is that the majority of us have realised and understood the need for change and it has been difficult. Within passenger service, we have lost hundreds of staff in the past year and the company (along with our union reps) have managed to continue talking and exploring various ways of doing things. It has meant that we have had to work harding and do more than previously, but we are trying.

Lots of us took unpaid leave in the past year, we have lost colleagues through VR and some unfortunately due to other circumstances. We have had cuts in the numbers in certain roles which have increased work loads. We often work several staff short for no extra payments, and yet we haven't gone on strike.

Those of us who work in the terminals, no matter where, also miss various important events, Christmas, weddings etc as we can't always get the time off, but we accept that it is part of the job and that we run a 24hr operation, 365 days of the year.

I love my job and understand that times have changed and so we have had to adapt. It hasn't been easy, but I go in each day and give my all as do thousands of my colleagues, be they the crew who continue to work, pilots, TRMs, baggage, ramp,, GTS, PSU, Waterside or wherever. I am proud of the crew who have come into work and of my friends and colleagues who have volunteered as crew.