PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Mar 2010, 22:58
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You tried to stop something that you felt would undermine your role, career, pay, terms and conditions. We are doing the exactly the same yet being totally castigated for it - plus we see Pilots simply revelling in the fact that they are accelerating our demise.
bacabincrew, you seem to deliberately miss the point. The world has changed, all departments in BA have agreed BA needs savings, your union would not agree to changes which in the overall scheme of things were pretty indefensible (e.g. disruption agreement). After allowing some months to pass after the June deadline BA imposed some of the changes needed because your union just refused to negotiate sensibly seeing the whole thing as a conspiracy to attack your Ts & Cs and refusing to look at the Price Waterhouse Coopers confidential analysis of BA's finacial position. Your union has lost two court battles. What you will have to settle for in the end (assuming WW doesn't sack all the strikers after 12 weeks) will be far worse than the relatively painless changes on offer last June. The majority of the public appear to be against you. The majority of BA employees seem to be against you.

Not one striking CC member has appeared here with a cogent summation of what the strike is about and what would bring it to an end from the CC perspective.

I have been in regular contact with a Purser friend of mine who is almost sick with worry. I have closely followed the whole saga from the beginning of last year I have been convinced that Unite/BASSA have been on a political and personal crusade against WW and what he is trying to achieve for BA. I also am convinced he is going to win and be seen to win and that your union will be a spent force for the foreseeable future. I have urged my Purser friend to back the winning side and avoid the personal cost of entering an unwinnable fight.

I am certainly not revelling in the fact that many good people are being totally screwed by those with their own agendas running Unite/BASSA .

And do you really believe the moderators of PPRUNE are deliberately censoring pro-strike contributors? If they are it is not for what they are saying but the manner in which they are saying it or the fact they are not BA employees. The moderation of this thread has been exemplary.