PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UNITE for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2010, 20:40
Doug the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that Bruce Wayne, Norman and Basil are living in the past with their left vs right wing frame of mind. Be honest, aren't all unions per definition leaning towards the left? Isn't it the unions that provide the necessary status quo between the big business interests and the labour (!) force?

I don't know many pilots that want a bunch of "left wing bullies" as union representatives, yet what good is that (pro-Torys?) paper tiger called BALPA? Isn't BALPA the same relic from the past that you folks accuse UNITE of? A fat cat, raking in the fees/dues and providing f*ck all in return? What's the alternative to a weak/no union? To be intimidated by 'right wing bullies' like MOL and his henchmen TRSS and LHC?

Judging by the extremely p!ss poor job BALPA has done to even try to maintain that status quo in a profitable airline like EZY, I can definitely understand why some pilots would be interested in bringing a more militant union into the picture...

The rot needs to be stopped!

p.s. interesting reading: "The Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck! Quite a few similarities to what's going on in aviation.