PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 29th Mar 2010, 16:23
Superpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kash,

I've posted this elsewhere but here goes...heres a classic example of why me fighting for the pilot cause by avoiding P2F is killing my own employment chances which I have been chasing now for two years since completing my fATPL training.

Last year I had the choice between an A320 type rating with a popular and respected TRTO or the ATP P2F A320 TR + 150 line hours scheme. I went for the bare A320 TR with a TRTO who have an excellent record holding on to my morals and thinking their airline links would get me somewhere.

At this point in time, the TRTO have no relationship with any airline for newly type rated folk. My emails get ignored and when I speak to the guy who sold me the course its like "what do you want me to do?" (fair enough). So look where my morals have got me? I know of many who went through one of these courses and have now received paid flying contracts some even are in perm positions taking home £4k per month.

Let's face it, pilots being human beings are just as capable of being selfish bastards, jumping the gun in order to further their own. It's the world we live in now.

So tell me, what should someone like me do?

Last edited by Superpilot; 1st Apr 2010 at 13:54.