PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 29th Mar 2010, 14:41
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!

Like many of you in this forum looking for that first lucrative job let me extend my hand of friendship as like you I am in the same boat which has no destination. As you maybe aware that there is now small but never the less green shoots in a few places across the world. I find myself in hope as ever, but what does blow a hard and heavy blow to my hopes is the amount of people joining these pay to fly schemes. This leading to experienced pilots being turned away because they have too much experience which could only mean that the airlines have taken a liking to pilots who are lining the pockets of these airlines by paying for type ratings and line trainings. I too want a job flying but not at the expense of hurting people in the process, and I find that is what many of us are doing. I don’t care if it’s CAE or Eaglejet or anyone else they are all the same. I have been a loyal member of this website for a few years and have always said that it was this website that helped me during my training and I wish to repay it back by helping some of you.

The truth of the matter is I have nothing. Nothing at all that I could help you with other than my opinions and support. I have travelled at far lengths to try and break into the market. I even thought that by myself having years of experience within aviation from loading bags on to planes to being an operations supervisor for an airline would help. I even thought that becoming an engineer may help. I then did my licence and thought well this must help me prosper. But none of the above have and for this reason I thought that opening this thread would be a good idea for us too all put our minds together and think what we are doing wrong. Surely there are no rules to this thing; some get employed via CV’s and some by picketing outside airline offices.

I until now have sent 1300 C.V’s , followed them up with phone calls, travelled the length of the UK stopping at every airport, took a flight to Africa and pitched my tent for 2 months, returning to the UK to resend my 1300 C.V’s and travelled the length of the UK to see if things have progressed.

This thread is not only for the benefit of myself but is also for you. I would openly like to invite our seniors/experienced pilots to share with us what else we could do to bear fruit.

So the question for this thread to our experienced pilots is what are we to do with our licences?
I am sure this has been covered a number of times but what I would like to do is draw new light on this matter from a new angle.

Kash360