PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/A QANTASLINK - Impulse Airlines
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2002, 14:32
Cart_tart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin Boy is right SydGirl. Airlink FA's/Pilots do not have any sort of progression into mainline QF. We have to apply the same way as the general public do.
We don't get ID travel on mainline, we can only get it on Airlink operated flights and even thats hard to do. And besides - who wants to go on holiday to the majority of places we fly to anyway. Most of us do it for the love of the job, not the money or the perks cause we don't get a huge amount of either.
Ditzy is right with the 6 day blocks and 10 - 11 hour days. All normal in the regional world I'm afraid. They work your cotton socks off! I just had my first block of 2 days off in a row in ages. I worked 3 weeks only having had 2 days off in there - all legal too! Can't complain too much though. I love the job and you have to work hard to get anywhere in life. I'd love to end up in Longhaul and i can't wait for the day I get there! Till then I'll keep on going, working hard for little in return, knowing that it will get me to greener pastures eventually!