PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Super Hornets For RAAF
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2010, 13:17
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
fish

What is your other job exactly ?
Which one? I did leave a job external to QF a while back. I have colleagues from a number of different jobs.

It's commonly held in QF that you are an 'ex knuck legend'.....
Lol. I doubt it. Certainly not by anyone who knows me or has flown with me.

I tend not to bring it up the AAFC unless someone asks about it. Sadly, occasionally the AAFC role intrudes into QF time (particularly phone calls and other work that precludes me from going out to the pub after work) and it becomes pretty obvious that I'm involved. About 2 minutes after someone has asked me about the extent of my AAFC involvement they probably regret having asked the question. If someone asks if I'm ex military they then get to hear that my strike rate of rides in military aircraft is 1 flight in 20 years service- pretty shabby for an AAFC staff member really. I know of cadets with better records in their first 12 months!

The real question posed by your comment is why it would be a 'commonly held belief' that I'm an ex-knuck. The only people that would think that are those who have been told it by others as it's not something I've ever put out there. I've never purported to be anything other than a short, round bloke who enjoys my job in QF, my role in the AAFC, and the roles in other aspects of my life. If you actually know me then you know what they are. If you don't know me then your opinion on the matter is pretty irrelevant anyway

So, now that we've cleared that up, how about you? Tell us all a bit about yourself? What burns inside you that you feel the need to to verbal me? You obviously know a bit about me but if you do you also know why I have a 'colleague from ACG'. Why bring up anything else unless you want to throw the impression out there that I talk myself up? The jokes on you I suspect given that 3000 posts means that most regulars know me (and my background) pretty well. I reckon there would be 20 plus times in the last bunch of years that I've mentioned the AAFC. The times I've alluded to being an RAAF pilot or former RAAF pilot? Nil.

What's most interesting is that the regulars will have learned far more about mohikan and raised more questions about the shabby way you do business and your character than they have about mine. Good work on that front! Both barrels, right on your foot.

Taildragger67 gets it!

(Sorry Tail wheel, et al, Gnadenburg, ozbiggles and everyone else but I wasn't going to leave mohikan's crap without a response. Now back to normally scheduled programming ).