PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Mar 2010, 13:17
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even with my experience (30 years) I cannot believe the stupidity of the flight crew in their short sightedness.
Is this the stupidity to realise the state of the current aviation environment and the state of the company? Or the stupidity to realise that the company cannot support contracts written in the 1980's when the cost of a return ticket to Manchester was in excess of £500 economy class? Or possibly the stupidity to realise that imposition would follow if your Union failed to negotiate by the appropriate deadline?

Can we also put to bed the spectre of 'CRM' please? I will expect/require all crew to operate to SOP whether or not they took part in the strike or took part in the contingency plan. Whilst they are on my aeroplane, on company time, operating as part of my crew they will conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. Any inappropriate behaviour, be it in either direction, will result in the perpertrator being off loaded. CRM will not be affected by this strike on my aeroplane. Simples.