PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2010, 12:29
MANFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They simply cannot allow SQ take the growing number of F passengers from MAN.
I'd love to know what it is you smoke sometimes fella.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole F business is intended for the MUC-SIN sector with any MAN punters as an added bonus.
Correct, despite what people up in the clouds would try and have you believe. At the gate party in Changi last night, listening to the announcements and reading all the signs, you would struggle to know the flight was even going to MAN. It was all about SIN-MUC.

Does anyone want to know how many people were in F inbound to MAN today on SQ328, the inaugural three class service ?. None!. Does anyone want to know how many were in F on todays outbound SQ327, the return inaugural three class service ?. Nada. Zip. There was four in F for SIN-MUC.

In fact on the inbound, I was the only one forward of the second galley on the aircraft. Granted there were a handful more in the second J cabin but it wasn't more than a dozen. However, the crew were pleased to announce that Y was all but full outbound to MUC, until I asked them if they had transported a plane load of English Football fans before.

Tranist in MUC was chaotic with a few pax getting lost, not helped by SQ's transit sign pointing the wrong way. But I am sure they will sort it. The stopover is a PITA, but the leg from MUC to MAN is light so you can have a good laugh with the crew, who are in a great mood as they are only doing a day turnaround before two more days off in MUC, just like the old ZRH flights.

I am told that, unlike the old MAN-ZRH-SIN days were we stayed on board in ZRH, we are going to have to get off in MUC outbound, for reasons I am unable to fathom. This won't go down well with some SQ regulars and I can see other airlines benefitting from that.