PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Like driving a car
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2010, 12:28
douglas.lindsay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only just passed my skills test and haven't even sent off my licence application yet, so treat my suggestion with suitable caution... but I remember a similar feeling about 30 hours in coupled with being suddenly unable to land well. Started worrying about PFL and EFATO in particular. So I figured that, although I couldn't predict the exact altitude or environment for an emergency, I could do a lot to make sure the basic routine was firmly embedded in my mind. Although handling is quite different, I used a sim on my PC to rehearse the drill from various heights in various wimd conditions, and kept doing it until I had no problem remembering the basic procedures. Then asked my instructor to take me out for some emergency practice and I was amazed at how much more confident I was. Because I wasn't preoccupied trying to remember what to do I could concentrate on 1) handling the plane (which flew much better than the sim!) and 2) adapting to the actual situation. Might be worth trying something similar?