PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2010, 11:25
spacemantan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great forum.
I have several questions I hope someone can answer for me please:

1. The ADF site says the program is divided into both basic and advanced courses for flight screening. Do you do one or the other and how is this calculated?

2. I am interested to find out the type of aircraft used for the flight screening at Tamworth? Do they use the CT-4, or the CAP-10 or both? Do they use one for the basic and one for the advanced course etc?

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Hope these answers help ya mate

1. Basically you'll be assigned a course depending on how many civilian flying hours you have. Last time I checked the split was at around the 40 hour mark (May have changed). The main differences in the two are mainly focused around the aerobatics component of the course. People with fewer hours are hardly expected to be able to perform "advanced" aerobatic sequences compared to someone who is already able to demonstrate a healthy knowledge of General Flying. With that said there are other minor differences in the rate of progress for the advanced course.

2. You will fly both CAP-10 and CT-4. The first component of the course is centered around general flying, starting from the basic straight and level flying, moving all the way into circuits. This is achieved on the CT-4. The second part of the course is focused around aerobatic flying. The aim is being able to demonstrate hand/foot/eye co-ordination. Obviously flawless aerobatics aren't the main aim of the course, but a rate of learning that meets the ADF's requirements for training.

Hope it helps you out and all the best.

Edited: Me fail english? Thats unpossible