PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in the ME as a couple
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2010, 10:12
ManaAdaSystem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa! People are tripping over themselves trying to write something negative about the ME! They don't even have time to read what the original poster is writing before they start!
Any other view is unacceptable, and if somebody dare to go against the stream they are shot down immediately!

Anyway, born and raised in the Middle East does not in any way imply that the gentleman is of Arab origin.
Much in the same way that a racist statement here does not necessarily mean the poster is an Aussie.

What Skydive6 wrote is pretty much how it works in most ME countries. The locals are not really concerned about what we do, as long as we don't do it in their faces. Many, if not most of the incidents referred to in post # 2 happened to expat muslim couples. When was the last time a westerner got fined for drinking in a licenced resturant?

Living together without being married? Not a good idea. It may work for years, but all it takes is for your neighbour to report you and you may find yourself in trouble. Do the right thing by her, mate!

Somebody owes Skydive6 an apology.

Last edited by ManaAdaSystem; 29th Mar 2010 at 12:16.