PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2002, 13:23
BEagle

Received 278 Likes on 113 Posts
From Hansard, 19 Mar 02, column 247:

David Davis (Haltemprice and Howden): My earlier point was that the flaw in the air marshals’ argument in the first instance was the heavy reliance on that (original) simulation. All it amounts to is an electronic guess; it is a postulation of what might have happened. Even if we accept that the Secretary of State cannot comment on the underpinning of the re-analysis - I do not accept that but let us take it as read for the moment - surely he can tell us that independent oversight of the re-run of the simulation is possible. We should not simply leave it to Boeing, which is, after all, parti pris in this exercise; it has an interest in the reputation of its helicopter. No one would accept a simulation or evidence that depends solely on those who have something to gain from the continuance of this miscarriage of justice.

Mr. Hoon: I am prepared to make the evidence produced in the light of the remodelling process available for independent analysis. I shall certainly make it available to the right hon. Member for Haltemprice and Howden, and others in the campaign will be able to subject it to appropriate scrutiny.

Has he, Brian?