PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsored A320 Type Rating & Line Training - J Curd
Old 29th Mar 2010, 09:15
747JJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to have a copy of my last LPC and the one's before and my ATPL as well as company ID. No problems sending them to you. Just PM me your Email and you will have them and any other doc you wish in no time at all.

I have not mentioned any particular company in my posts and thus I urge you to read my post again. The P2F problem is not limited to a geographic location nor is it limited to Easyjet. The problem is universal and reflects the abyss commercial aviation is sinking into.

Some younger pilots have the old technology boom syndrome where they want everything now and without working for it. I've recently had a chat with a 1500h tt pilot who is now seriously upset that he has not been selected for a command. With a total of 2 years of commercial flying behind him, I can see that he is rightfully upset and should have been given charge of a commercial aircraft preferably yesterday. This mindset demostrates what is happening in the industry and wht there are companies using the situation to their advantage. One can buy everything, Licence, Rating, Linetraining and thus a position with a low salary. What next: Buying command on an aircraft?

My comments are based on experience while flying on multitide of aircraft types as Captain with people that have built their careers and then with those who have bought theirs. My views are different from yours but nevertheless are based on personal experience and having been involved in the industry through various positions since the 80's. Alas I am no longer flying the 747 Classic, such a pity really as I miss the old lady, a fine aircraft she is.

Last edited by 747JJ; 29th Mar 2010 at 09:38.