PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confidence in Partial Sponsorships?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2001, 19:58
G - HIGH

Lightbulb

Well, with no intentions of actually wanting to annoy anyone with what i'm about to say, i'm sure it'll make a few of you a little more irate.
After reading all of the above i feel that i need to write the following. I am in a similar situation to the few who have written above me, and to thousands out there just reading this stuff.
Firstly, i'm just a wannabe. Soon to start my IMC and then my .... and then my .... etc... (same story as everyone else) .
Anyway, I too have received invitations to attended both apptitude tests and interviews. Sadly, no luck so far, but i'm still smiling.
My point is this - For all of those optimists out there (myself included), who are still willing to consider spending all this money for apptitude tests, and all the other tests that cost even more - STOP! Stop, and actually try to convince yourself in this current state of affairs whether your just wasting money or not.
Amoungst all of the key skills a pilot must possess, surely common sense must be one of them. My reasons for writing this thread, are not to say don't do it, or even to persuade you too do it, but to just say to all of you - think twice.
I'm 24 now, and i've spent many thousands of pounds in the last 2 years. Because of my situation at the moment, good job but still absolutely broke (Flying, student loans, uni fees etc..) i'm in an excellent position to panic about how i can afford everything.
I'm going to leave applying for sponsourship at the moment. I think i'm an excellent candidate for the job, but even i know when the odds are to high.
For those of you out there who have decided to leave it untill things look a little rosier, keep reading the books etc.. I've just borrowed a complete set of ATPL books from a friend that i intend to read to pass the time away.
I whole heartedly support anyone with the attitude of 'dont care what the situation is, i'm going for it' - Just think twice before you do it.
Anyway, best of luck to you all.