PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia - FLIGHT TRAINING OPTIONS
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2010, 04:21
ghandi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Schools in South East Queensland

Having looked at a few schools and experiencing 2 of them, i can now comment and hopefully assist people in making a choice.

Redcliffe Aero club is good with some experienced instructors and good aerobatics and tail wheel training. They are also reasonably priced and offer value for money.

Chopper line is a good alternative for International students. They currently teach all the Oman police helicopter pilots, so they are used to cadets and are professional. My firends tell me IREX isnt that good.

All the comments written about Australian Wings Academy (AWA) are true -

Including some of their work practices such as charging overuns (extra flights) at todays prices when you may have flown the actual flight 8 months ago. So you either pay or leave - I left as have many others have. One of my friends who has now left, was also charged a $1000.00 admin fee and was told that was what it cost to add up his bill !@#. There is a reason Oman students do not go there anymore and Air Asia cadets are more than 3 months behind - you cannot blame every delay on weather. I am sure you will see more comments like these as people leave.

If you are reading this make sure you learn from our mistakes.

Research the school and think, that every person when they have their sales hat on is their to get you in the door and get money from you. Also remember when dealing with agents overseas that they are being paid by the flying schools to get you in. Agents will also tell you that you will be guaranteed a job, when in fact you won't have a chance.

Most Indian students will agree there is no jobs for us here for charter or as i was promised, an instructor job.

Good luck with choosing a school.