PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the??? $99 for 10 minute Engrish exam!?!?!?
Old 29th Mar 2010, 02:33
skysook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
English Exam Sting

I just noticed this thread and would like people to know the choice they have when they to, come accross this most ridiculous hoop to jump through.

You have two choices in order to obtain your level 6 english proficiency certificate...

Go to your local flying school and hire an ATO to conduct the exam. This will cost you $150 and it will waste 1 hour of yours and the ATO's time.

OR

You can go to the ASL exam center and conduct the exam on a phone. It will take less than 10 minutes and you will be $99 worse off.

The choice may be obvious but here's my word of warning...

ASL will make it difficult for you to book a session (since they only conduct the exams on one day the week). Once you complete the exam you then have to wait another week to get the result. But wait! Here's the worst bit...They will charge you $55 to actually see the result on their website! STING!

I Hope this helps you make a decision on where you want to waste your time and how much of your hard earned dollars you want to throw out!