PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confidence in Partial Sponsorships?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2001, 17:51
tomthepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Rich Tea - at this stage we're no closer (in reality) than those who didn't even receive an invite. Ultimately they might even end up £50 better off

But still, I think it's worth going for it: if you really want to be a commercial airline pilot, and haven't got the magical fifty grand, then what other option do you have

I have even heard a rumour that BE have already withdrawn the offer (having made 100 pilots redundant, you can understand why) but are committed to cabair to continue with the whole selection fiasco

I have to say all this leaves me undetered. If we all display this defeatest attitude then what hope have we got

Speaking as a 3rd time veteran of the BA interview process, a Final Board meeting is unlike any you're likely to encounter. I would see these opportunities (BE / BM / KLM) as an ideal practice ground, and practice is what you need at the end of the day

I don't mean to rant off, but for those of you fortunate to make it over the first hurdle, I say well done & good luck to you. You'll make it in the end