PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G B airways
Thread: G B airways
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2002, 11:20
troubleatthemill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was at a gb airways interview last year. a very pleasant experience even though i did manage to get hired by them.

around 20 people showed up for the day and we were first treated to a thorough introduction to the company. after that we went through the "usual" team exercises, i am afraid that i do not remember whether we were building bridges out of paper or solving customer service conundrums, probably the latter. i have vague memory of paper incased in plastic and people discussing what to do...
anyway, the atmosphere was very relaxed and unthreatening.
we also took a test which centered on geographical knowledge (i believe it was about naming capitols in europe) and had to show our skills in basic math (figuring out duty free sales numbers).

after a break 6 out of the 20 were invited to stay. the 6 was invited for a personal interview with one of the gb airways staff present at the event (cabin crew and personnel department) which again was quite pleasant. lots of questions about experience in customer service, about your favourite customer service moment, what you would do in this and that situation etc.

we parted as friends and i received "the letter" within two weeks or so.

i apologize for any inaccuracies, remember that i had to erase this traumatic event from my consciousness due to not getting the job...