PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confidence in Partial Sponsorships?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2001, 04:00
WAIF-er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Confidence in Partial Sponsorships?

Having a number of part-sponsorship schemes being cancelled in mid course in the last 2 months, with students being left "high and dry" in a career sense, how many people in here would be reluctant to invest such sums of money in any future schemes?

With most people having to borrow in the form of career development loans and professional studies loans, added to that the fact that you give up your existing job to do the training, I for one would be in deep financial dire straits should the unthinkable - now a real probability - occur.

My desire to become a pilot is still as strong as before, however, I am not prepared to face financial ruin should another downturn occur. I believe that the airline industry doesnt necessarily have a "bottom" - Ie. just when you thought things were bad, they suddenly get even worse.

Having just been invited to the BE/Cabair tests, my attendance reply is still sitting on my desk whilst I decide whether or not I want to go any further. Call me hesitant, non-committed or whatever. I am simply taking the time to evaluate all the possibilities and to get valued feedback from work colleagues.

I am not wishing to put anyone off, but simply want to know what other wannabes similar to myself are thinking.

[ 08 November 2001: Message edited by: WAIF-er ]