PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2010, 17:00
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel My thourghts for what they are worth

This week I travelled LGW-JER-LGW. JER is my "second home" and I do this route often

My choice on this route is governed by price and convienience.

Convienience to me at the moment is check in at the south terminal as I have to bus it to the north to fly BA. I can get a hold allowance with BA free of charge but I don't need it......others do so BA might then outdo their rival FlyBe on this.

The last time I flew BA on this route (over a year ago) they attempted a "full breakfast service" on a 40 minute flight.....presumably with a reduced crew. The breakfast was delivered but not with the best grace. As CC for another carrier I can empathise with the time pressures on them but as SLF I don't expect my baggette almost thrown at me

I flew FlyBE this week because
  • They were cheaper than BA when i booked but only just
  • They were not affected by threatened IA so my flight was reliable
  • They take off from the south terminal (personal preferance but I wouldn't pay to do this)
However when I was at JER waiting for my flight all BA flights to LGW were taking off as scheduled....so the IA here at least was having minimal impact.
It is the minority that are affecting the image/future of BA......the militants at LHR who have had it far too easy for far too long.

So what if a CSD who is on over £50,000 a year+ benefits has to serve on a trolley......welcome to my world luv as a PU where I get nowhere near what you do

If the LGW crew can see the bigger picture then why cannot their LHR colleagues or am I missng something? I've not read the thread so I might be