PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates CC, your the best !
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2010, 14:57
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree Sheik, but you have to admit... we have the best cabin crew when it come to 'customers' yet most times we have the WORST passengers imaginable. I once went on a flight in economy on EK, and I was shocked by the general behaviour of the pax, yet amazed by how well the crew dealt with things.

On the other hand, Airlines in Europe, Oz and North America (Luftansas excluded because they are great!!)...... have the worst cabin crew and the best passengers! The disparity is mind-boggling!

Granted, our CC are basically enslaved to be so helpful and cooperative, but that is a trade-off for having to be young, personable, willing to work without a union and be treated like crap, in order to fulfill a dream to fly around the world for a few years. EK has the unbelievable advantage of being able to attract some wonderful young women (ok fine some men too), to this job. Central location to some ****-hole places makes this job desirable for some frickin nice and smart people IMHO.

Many legacy carriers have allowed Cabin Crew to expect more from their jobs and demand less of themselves simply due to their unions. BA is a classic example! Honestly, are they so stupid they don't realize they can be replaced in about a week?

It is a fine line between respecting and encouraging excellent cabin crew behaviour and being the Captain of an aircraft and properly exerting your authority (and not just in the cockpit).

I have the utmost respect for our CC, although admittedly I do worry about the performance of some of them, in any EMERGENCY scenario.