PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in the ME as a couple
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2010, 12:02
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why dont you just make an honest woman out of her. Marry her and please go to Cathay if you cannot bear the Euro Low cost. You will be better off in the long run . Many hear only what they want too , as they fertilize their idea . This forum is filled with the way people are treated in the Middle East. It is so different to what you are used to.

Here is something you may not have considered. So you live in sin ( as many do) . One day you are caught out ( as many are) . You go to jail and are then deported. No problem you say with "freedom" on your stunned angry mind. Only to discover that for many future jobs you require a police clearance certificate for your time spent in the UAE/Qatar . This will now reflect a criminal record and your career is F$%$&d !!! . A friend runs a contract agency and believe me " the East" will not even give you a sniff with a criminal record ( no matter how good your explanation). You will be treated like someone who has an accident/incident record ( no matter how good the explanation)

As I say many many do live in sin here , but its russian roulette.

As for Cathay , it may take longer to get what you want ( F/O , Capt etc) , but long term it appears more sustainable.