PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 28th Mar 2010, 06:43
regional_avi8er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with this board, and this topical matter itself is there are far too many people with their own two cents to throw in, people that have big heads and think they run this board and know everything about the industry.

You guys should be ashamed of yourself, and unless you are directly involved in management of REX or AAPA, keep out of it because you are only speculating and have no factual substance behind your verbal diarrhea.

This cadetship, as Aviator329 has already alluded to is an opportunity of a lifetime, and that is directly reflective of the both present and past cadets. Isn't it funny how that all this negetivity getting sprayed around this site isn't coming from any of the cadets themselves? Which leaves me to think that it is the formation of both current disgruntled industry professionals who are jealous that they didn't get such an opportunity to enter direct into RPT operation and those guys who have applied and didn't get accepted (remembeing Rex have had more than 20,000 applicants since the inception of the program, and have a very stringent application process).

This website has the ability to be a great sourceful and resourceful tool for up and coming pilots, and I would like to hope that current industry personal would warm to the fact of helping these rising hopefuls realise their dreams. Clearly I am wrong, and instead Student Pilots are forced to sift through the bull**** that is on here which can and is untimately leading to them making grave choices in the commencement of their training and professional career as a pilot. It is somewhat disturbing to hear hopeful cadets say they have changed their minds about applying for the program or going through with the process because of the information (in which they thought was correct) they recieved from supposed "industry professionals" on this board, and quite frankly is heartbreaking to hear that have possibly missed out on the chance of a lifetime due to the ignorance and arrogance of the selected majority on this site. Whether you are a Captain for Rex or not, you still don't have any of the inside swoop of the runnings of AAPA, and how top notch the operation by the management is.

How you guys sleep at night it a wonder to me!