PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF C130 Advice?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2010, 02:31
Bennomate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAAF C130 Advice?

Gday all,

I am new to this forum and apolgies if i have the wrong section.

Im after a bit of advice specific to the RAAF and in particular Herc related. I am in the selection process for the RAAF as a pilot currently and i am through to flight screening at Class 3M medical pending class 1 which im sure ill be all clear in.

I'm just curious as to what i can expect in terms of flying hours and time away if i fly Hercs. I was told during my defence interview with DFR it would be typically 9 months away per year, but I can't help but suspect thats a worse case scenario and him just checking to see if i was really dedicated. I said thats not a problem, and it isn't. I have a girlfreind at the moment studying at uni here and we have talked about the 1.5 years i will be training for and we are pretty serious and will go the time with a distance relationship. I really want to fly hercs, and it so happens that we both live near Richmond.

So i suppose what I am really asking is what will my time away from home be like after employent training (assuming that i fly hercs). It doesn't depend on weather or not i join, but more of what to realistically expect. Or atleast somwhere were i could find out this information because i don't trust defence recruting, nor do i want to jeopardise my application by them thinking im not 100% committed.

Cheers!