PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2010, 20:59
vanHorck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two tone blue

Sorry about the "alleged" resignations from BA. What I mean is that i don't know it's true, although I suspect it probably is, given all the lies that Bassa have been spreading.

As to the cowards, I don't feel the need to withdraw that statement. Let me explain:
Before I do, please allow me to show my appreciation for those CC who voted NO to the strike and came to work. My respect to all those staff. More below on the good ones.

Now to the cowardice.

Many thousands of Bassa members who are now not striking voted FOR a strike. It is far too easy to say they were misled by their union (Wir haben es nicht gewusst). After all, many thousands were not misled at the same time and with identical access to information.

I would suggest those who voted FOR the strike but in the end did not strike are at the very least egoistic but more likely in many cases cowards, afraid of loosing pay or complimentary travel.

The fear is that this is the quiet militant group who strike venom in the veins of BA and will do so again whenever they can, because to them the demise of PLC BA or PLC UK is irrelevant when compared to their short moment of being "in charge" of BA. Pathetic really....

Somewhere in between will be those who genuinely voted for a strike but decided against a strike for other than egoistic reasons. To those well done as well!

I hope the BA management will win to the point that management can be allowed to manage and that the unions will have learned to look after the genuine well being of those they represent and this in the long term including allowing streamlined market conforming procedures and accepting change when it is needed for the health of the company.

Again, respect to those who keep BA flying!