PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 27th Mar 2010, 20:21
joaocaracol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look guys, the only way to stop P2F schemes is to go to the media and expose this situation to the public opinion. If I read in the newspaper that bmi was selecting pilots not by their skills, but by the size of their wallets, probably I would choose another Airline to travel, because probably I would think that security was more in danger with big wallet pilots than with best skilled pilots If I was the bmi management and realise that I was starting to loose passengers because they refuse to go with P2F pilots, probably I would stop the scheme inside my company If I was the bmi owner and realise that a P2F scheme was going on inside my company, and that the only purpose of that scheme was to some TRI/TRE/Line Capt earn more money, at the price of the company loosing business, probably I would terminate with it immediately

I think the fight needs to go that way.

Yesterday I wrote that I was suspecting that Easyjet was giving priority to P2F pilots from bmi on their flexicrew assessment. Somewhere in Easy web page, there is information regarding Equal Opportunities, and it goes like this:

"Equal Opportunity and Fair Treatment
easyJet is committed to being an equal opportunities employer as we wish to encourage all our employees to make the best use of their skills and experience. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment. We will treat staff, potential staff and the public that we serve fairly and with dignity.
Any actions by any of our employees which contravene either the Race Relations Act, the Sex Discrimination Act, the Disability Discrimination Act, the Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations or the Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations will be taken very seriously and will be dealt with under easyJet's disciplinary procedure. Such actions may amount to gross misconduct and result in dismissal."

If I write a letter to Mr. Mike Campbell (People Director) inquiring about the bmi P2F pilots priority issue, and explain to him the negative result that a issue like this can produce to the Easy image, if it goes to the media and public opinion, what do you think he is going to do?

So any more ideas?