PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 27th Mar 2010, 19:48
Beavis and Butthead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I admire the desire to do something about this dreadful exploitation that most seem to turn a blind eye to but I can't help but have this gut feeling that no MP will give a toss about this.

Firestorm makes a good point. I have also just been made redundant and have many hours on both 737 and A320 with excellent training records yet I was rejected at the application stage earlier this year by Thomas Cook for a summer contract. I have since found myself a summer contract that will just about pay the bills for now but I was told that P2F cadets had been accepted at TCX on the A320. Now this is not a hard done by whinge and it's not personal as I think that we all do what we can to make the grade and get on that ladder. However, I merely tell this as I believe it illustrates perfectly what is happening right in front of our eyes and the threat this presents to all of us (including those shelling vast sums of money out for line training). I'd graciously accept failing at interview but to be rejected at the application stage in favour of a CV that shows 150 hours paid for tells a sorry story of our 'profession'. We turn a blind eye at our peril. Sadly, when even our main union ignores the issue, I cannot see an end to it.

For he record I would happily send one of these letters to do my bit.