PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2010, 18:43
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
ExSp33db1rd
But staff ought to be concerned - if BA can welch on their promises and previous inducements to those already retired, think what else they might do when THEY retire, and how they might also be so suddenly kicked in the guts.
This will sound harsh: 'Twas ever thus.

In the 21st century, with the Western world in decline after an unprecedented 50 years of growth and prosperity??? Whilst the company stays afloat, there will be more snips. When it gets bought out/goes under - then there is no telling what will happen but the only word is 'less' not 'the same' or 'more'.

The issue has to be kept alive if there is any chance of a re-think, but I'm reviled and abused when I do that.
I am not reviling you and it is your prerogative to pursue rewards that you have already earned. But there will be no re-think because the world is so utterly different from the one in which these contracts were made.

I recall saying to my father (at least ten years ago because he's been gone almost that long) that, for the best intentions that he and my mother had, the upbringing they gave my siblings and I was almost useless for the world in which we found ourselves. It was no criticism and he agreed it as a statement of fact.