PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - more ground service incompetence
Old 27th Mar 2010, 11:03
Final 3 Greens

Seat 62K

Now people who work for BA may have a view that their product is superior but from my perspective as a customer, and all things considered, I prefer Ryanair to BA for my short-haul flying these days.
There is a strong need to provide a product/service with the right grade of quality, that is fit for use.

Ryanair may be low grade, but it is fit for use as it is consistently delivered and meets a need.

BA is (in theory) high grade (but decereasing due to cuts), but is often not fit for purpose as it is inconsistently delivered and to save any BA people typing, I really don't care if you are constrained by Heathrow, that is BA's problem not mine.

I agree that Club World is still a good product and contrary to some of the stories on here, I find the service in the air acceptable (i.e. it meets the specification) to good (exceeds it.)

However (and Bealine may wish to argue industry semantics, but I dont care as a passenger) the ground experience (end to end, from booking to leaaving the destination airport) is highly inconsistent and sometimes (e.g. my delightful experience of being debited £12k for a £4k ticket) just plain incompetent.

I won't repeat Paxboy's hypothesis, but I believe it is well formed.