PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2010, 10:01
vanHorck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in 50 years the pound has lost 2/3 of it's value. Union power?

WW is not far off becoming the man of the year. Let's put his face on Time Magazine!

Bassa has been fighting the battle not for the good of the employees long term welfare as a Union should should, but for reasons such as the election of the new Union Chairman, the protection of perks of some of the Union reps and mainly because

they want to continue to have the power to control BA.

In the last reason lies the great economic downfall of (formerly Great) Britain.

Companies should be managed by management and staff should be represented by responsible unions which measure every step against the long term welfare needs of their people. This includes the union's need to ensure the company can remain profitable in a worldwide market place.

Who on earth EVER decided that if the unions were the holders of the ultimate power within companies this would be a good long term thing for the British economy and its people? Who let it come this far!?

Margaret Thatcher fought the battle and now WW still has to fight the same battle.

I am 54 now, and I can remember that when I was little one pound equalled something like almost 3 Euro's ! Now at a rate of 1.1 Euro that is one heck of a depreciation within hopefully just over half a lifetime!

Yes it is sad for all the misguided CC who voted for IA or even participated, but this battle has to be fought and won by BA to the benefit of all businesses in the UK and more importantly for the benefit of all employees.

Surely Bassa must go down in history as being the worst Union ever, who rejected a brilliant deal for the members for the benefit of... well of whom or what really?