PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good flight training at Bankstown
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2010, 00:14
Flying Kites

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi all

Firstly, many thanks to all of you for your responses, and please pardon me girl with a stick for my assumption of the genders on this forum!

Did the rounds again at the airport, spoke to a few people and schools, got some great advice and opinions, and have decided to go with Whitworth Aviation on Tower Rd, as I was pretty comfortable with the small outfit they operate, their instructors, and I have a soft spot for Pipers.

I've also been put onto the Student Pilot Kit books, the ones in the red boxes, so that shall occupy me at work during the slow periods. Nick2007, could you recommend any websites out there for learner pilots that could supplement my learning?

LeadShed, having lived in the bush for the past few years, I wish I had the opportunity to spend a block period of a fortnight for my GFPT, however the time and the funds just wasn't there, unlike now. As well, I'm only down the road from Bankstown, so might take the opportunity while it's still there (Dare I say it!). I do appreciate the suggestion nonetheless.

Thanks all!