PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.17 TO-NIGHT CHANNEL 4 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2010, 19:59
tarantonight

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Top Notch

Fantastic programme, huge respect for all those involved (got slightly confused who of the medical team were regular RAF and who was not, but that is a side issue. I am not military myself - a serving cop as it happens). I marvel at the commitmengt shown.

I shook my head yet again as to why the UK is involved in this conflict. The politicians say it is to get rid of the terrorist threat at source, well that is b**ll**ks. The threat to the UK from ICT is huge and it is well known that the huge majority of those trained are over the border in Pakistan. that is not even taking into account home grown Jihadi's who will travel to Pakistan to train.

We are too far into this cr*p to just pull out without the Government losing face, but I am not sure what we are achieving. Looking at those young lads discussing the firefight with the Afghan Cop made my heart bleed.

As for the flight deck chat re food, clearly an idea by the producers to let the public know the guys up front are human. Been there, done that. It's not important. A good friend of mine ended up a Tanker Driver on 101 and I met many of them. Whether you are a Tanker Driver, a Cop, or a Dustman, you are still human.

To 99 and the medical staff.......................

Regards,

TN