PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2010, 18:00
Entaxei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If its allowable - could I just reiterate my previous post ;

As professional academics, it is unlikely that they have ever held a normal job outside of academia, which potentially very much dilutes the value of any comments they make or opinions they hold of any situations in the world outside academia unless a full unbiased analysis is made of all aspects.

Whilst they lay claim to various areas of expertise in the field of employment relations in making an analysis, it is unfortunate that they display a total lack of such in their analysis of this particular dispute, in that they have obviously not taken into account any of the abortive attempts at negotiation during 2009, due to the unions refusal to have any meaningfull meetings and internal arguments. Neither have they apparently paid any attention to the courts judgement nor the details thereof or even read the proposals made by BA.

In their declaration of the current position, it is also apparent that they have not read the text of the statements and offers made by BA so far this year and, have totally ignored the unions responses and actions and the distorted and incorrect information that they gave out, which has led to this strike.

It is interesting to view the background and experience of the people whose names are appended to this letter as most - if not all - appear to have backgrounds associated with trade unions and union activity. An unbiased missive this is not and I would hope that any academics in these universities are cringing in horror at what is being said in the name of their establishments.

Propaganda is a two edged sword.