PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Mar 2010, 16:49
bacabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fly12345

Before I go - and I really have to go....

The truth in all of this are that the Cabin Crew are scared, genuinely scared for their futures, they see this imposition as the thin end of the wedge, we all know that BA needs to cut costs, we all want to play a part in that, we all love working for BA, however we simply have no trust in the actions of our management (both IFCE and above) - New Fleet is seen by many as a 'Trojan Horse' much as Openskies was perceived to be.

Yes I agree the Union may have handled things better - however in my opinion the biggest failing in all of this is the way that BA have communicated the need for change to their employees - that is the massive failure through all of this. We have a constantly changing Head of IFCE/Cabin Services - call it what you like - and because of that constant change there is no consistency in the messages we are given. If I where on the Board of BA I wold be asking how can we alienate such a massive part of our workforce in what is perceived by most to be the most important customer facing role in the company.

Change management - or lack of it - that is the massive failing here