PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Mar 2010, 15:59
bacabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you find it at all strange that the other sections of BA agreed changed, within the time scale requested through negotiation? Do you accept that other sections of BA have made sacrifices and if so, perhaps you can just explain why you feel that cabin crew shouldn't?
BA agree that the Union put forward £50m of savings - so the Cabin Crew did put forward 'sacrifices'

BASSA refused to look at the books. Do you think that not even looking at the figures was in the best interests of the members they represent? Genuine question and I'm interested to hear your take on it.
As has been posted on a number of occasions - BASSA asked for an outside firm to look at 'the books' as the Reps where not accountants - this was refused by BA so no-one looked at the books as they didn't know what they where looking at

Again I suppose the question I am interested in is, do you think this was in your/the members best interests?
As the Union where minded not to recommend the offer maybe it wasn't in the members best interests - however to me it seems churlish to withdraw it