PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "House OKs Bill to Arm Airline Pilots"
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2002, 20:42
WhatsaLizad?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It appears pilots in the US trust the security on the ground to protect their citisens from terrorists on water supplies reservoirs, nuke plants, refineries, natural gas compression stations, pipelines, high-rise buildings but not in the air.

My question:
How different is it upthere from downhere?

jet_noseover,

jet_noseover

Using your above examples, yes I trust the security on the ground in each place listed. Please tell me this jet_noseover, at which control station for a water supply resevoir ( resevoirs are tough to make lethal themselves), nuke plant, refinery, natural gas compression station, pipeline can the general public be seperated by a single door, of lesser strength than any even on the drawing board, without any armed guards on the public side, 98% of the time. I await a full report.

With your high rise example, I have never seen a highrise that has every entry point ,beside the main entry way glass ones, equipped with heavy duty steel doors far stronger than any aircraft will see. Every large highrise I have seen is 100% staffed with armed guards. see the difference.

If they protect the cockpit like they do with your above examples, and I won't even arm myself with dirty looks.