PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Mar 2010, 15:37
Human Factor
Couldonlyaffordafiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bacabincrew,

Why are you on strike? Because of the imposition without negotiation of Mr Walsh
You may think that but BASSA haven't made it especially clear and of the crew I've spoken to, this hasn't been the reason given by some. There has been mention of New Fleet, crew complements, pay cuts, etc and no-one seems quite clear.

Why they are asking WW to put last week's offer back on the table? So the members can themselves decide
Why were they not permitted to make that decision last week? Why is the situation different now?

If the offer was so awful last week it was rejected what has changed? I don't understand your question - the Union asked for Walsh's offer to be put back on the table and he refused
In that case, let me rephrase the question. Walsh took the offer off the table because it was conditional on the union delaying the call for strike action. The union chose to announce strike dates anyway, hence the offer was withdrawn as the announcement breached it's conditions. This is not disputed.

The offer must not have been good enough, otherwise why did Len McCluskey state at the press conference (before WW pulled the deal) that they were not minded to recommend the BA offer to the members?

Are they now going to recommend it? If so, why is it better now? If not, what is the point putting it to the membership?

Last edited by Human Factor; 26th Mar 2010 at 15:41. Reason: Ok, so it was four questions.